Makes four servings.
- Two tablespoons oil
- One large onion, sliced
- One clove garlic, crushed
- 100g frozen peas
- Two medium corgettes chopped into small pieces
- One green pepper, sliced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 350g pasta spirals
- 175g cheddar cheese, grated
- One tsp of dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of sugar
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic and peppers
for five minutes. Add the corgettes and cook for five minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, basil and sugar. Season to taste and simmer for 25-30 minutes gradually adding the stock.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the
pasta spirals. Cook for eight to ten minutes until just tender.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
4. Pour the vegetable sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese. Grill until golden.